Trainee (Instrumentation & Control)
Trainee to be involved in:
- Observe, study and learn the operation, functionality and maintenance aspects of various equipment, instruments and systems in the plant
- Carrying out all routine and defect-based maintenance duties in accordance with maintenance plans
- Assist in monitoring contractors
- To document accurately and update all maintenance events in the computerized maintenance management systems on completion of all assigned jobs
- Support the operation of plant as required in a safe, efficient and timely manner in accordance with operational guidelines and to meet output requirements.
- Participate in audits and suggest process improvements.
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- Safety Induction
- To learn on how to access manuals that are stored in the systems as well as learn the IT systems and information security with regards to the information stored.
- To learn about the layout of the power plant as well as the various equipment that are in the plant
- Learn the basics of power generation
- To learn how the Computerized Management Systems (CMMS) as well OHSAS and SS506
- To partner and support the other departments (e.g. the Operations departments) and sections
- To learn how to understand the identification scheme
- Understand the maintenance plans and carrying out the plans
- To learn about the company's logistics and procurement procedures for stock inventory
- Learn about how the permit to work system is carried out in the plant
- Interpreting technical drawings
- Introduction to Calibration, Dead Weight tester, Fluke handheld meter, Process calibrator, Temperature bath
- Signal transmission, understanding tubings and pipings, transmission media and various electronics used within the plant
- Calibration methods as well as study the architecture of the respective area of the maintenance checks.
- Handling of PLC systems and its processors, IO cards and electronics used in the system
- PLC logic diagrams, Simatic Manager and other associated software
- Learn to use PLC test panel, its architecture and components installed.
- Handling of various type of control systems
- - NITEC/Higher NITEC in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
Duration of Traineeship/s:
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnited Traineeship:
Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.