Trainee, Energy Trading
Trainee to be involved in:
- Perform regular review of trading strategy, comply with the company’s risk management guidelines and procedures to maximize company’s profit margin
- Perform bidding and gas nomination, develop and implement energy trading systems, market models, or other tools support the trading operations
- Maintain market database and generate accurate and timely reports on trading performance in the Electricity & Gas market
- Carry out short term generation forecasting and power generating units commitment planning
- Maintain good communication and coordination with relevant sections
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- To understand the structure and stakeholders of National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS), and familiarize the market rule and all other related manuals.
- To understand Singapore natural gas market structure, and familiarize the Gas Network Code, Gas Aggregator Operation Procedures.
- To understand and familiarise with the Energy Trading work process
- To familiarize Microsoft Office Suite of software and other analytical tools.
- Degree in Engineering or Business
Duration of Traineeship/s:
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnited Traineeship:
Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.